Duval County Special Education Co-Op Mission Statement & Program Goals
Duval County Special Education Co-Op
The mission of the Duval County Special Education Co-Op is to provide
leadership, guidance, and support to member districts so that they will maximize
learning for students with disabilities.
- All students of the Duval County Special Education Co-Op will have access to the general education curriculum and be provided services in the least restrictive environment.
- All students of the Duval County Special Education Co-Op will be provided with instruction in an age-appropriate setting and attend classes with their general education peers receiving support from special educators when needed.
- The Duval County Special Education Co-Op will continue to provide services for preschool students with disabilities and have IEPs in place by their 3rd birthday.
- The Duval County SPED staff will meet the required timelines for evaluation and ARD Committee Meetings.
- The Duval County SPED Co-Op staff will provide parents the opportunity for meaningful participation in the eligibility determination and the development of the IEP.
- All youth ages 14 and above will have an IEP that includes coordinated, measurable, annual IEP goals and transition services that will reasonably enable the student to meet the post-secondary goals.
Serving Benavides, Ramirez and San Diego
"Making the World a Better Place"